As most of you have probably already realized, Sitecore has now officially released CMS 6.5 and DMS 2.0 (Digital Marketing System, formerly known as OMS). Together, these products make up the new Sitecore Customer Engagement Platform
The release is a major milestone for Sitecore and our customers, bringing tons of new and exiting functionality to the market in some key areas, such as:
- Inline personalization and multivariate testing right on the page using the Page Editor
- Engagement automation that allow business users to build and manage integrated campaigns that flow across channels
- Executive Insight Dashboard that allows business users to measure the qualitative value of their campaigns
- Completely re-written analytics reports, optimized for better usability and also incorporating value metrics
- Optimized and redesigned Analytics API and database schema
- And much more
I can wholeheartedly recommend that you brew a nice cup of coffee, lean back and read through the extensive release notes
- not only for the official release, but also for the Technical Preview from April, since all the good stuff from that release are also present in the official release.
And when you're ready, download
, install, explore!
And as for modules?
We have released new versions of Web Forms for Marketers
, Seach Engine Optimization
, and the AD and CRM Integration modules have been tested and verified with CMS 6.5. A new version of Email Campaign Manager will follow in the next weeks.
PS: Does this mean that we're no longer going to focus on 6.4 maintenance updates? Not at all. We have some good stuff coming up...